Statement of Faith
The Holy Bible
- We believe the Bible alone is the Word of God, inspired by Him to His prophets and apostles. Men spoke as they were inspired by the Holy Spirit. (2 Tim. 3:16, 2 Pe. 1:21)
- We believe the Bible is the only infallible source for the knowledge of God's truth concerning salvation from sin, the will of God, and how we are to conduct ourselves in obedience to His commandments; and, it is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness. (2 Tim. 3:16)
- We believe the Bible should be used to determine whether a teaching, or experience, or preaching, or interpretation, or opinion is correct. (Jn. 5:39, 1 Jn. 4:1)
- We believe the Bible should be taught and obeyed, and all teaching should be in agreement with the total context of the Scripture. (1 Cor. 3:13)
- We believe that although He has existed from eternity in the form of God, Christ emptied Himself, taking on the form of a bond-servant. (2 Tim. 3:16, 2 Pe. 1:21)
- We believe He was conceived by the Holy Spirit. and was born of the virgin Mary. He lived without sin, was crucified died, and was buried, and in the third day He rose from the dead (1 Cor. 15:4)
- We believe He ascended into heaven (Acts 1:9) and sat down at the right hand of God (Heb. 10:12) to intercede for us (Jn. 5:39, 1 Jn. 4:1)
- We believe salvation is found in no one else, that the Lord Jesus Christ is the only Savior, the only mediator between God and men (1 Tim. 2:5), and that there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved. (Acts 4:12)
- We believe He will return to judge both the living and the dead. (2 Tim. 4:1)
- We believe man was created sinless and in like-character to God, but Adam's rebellion plunged mankind into a state of disobedience toward God (Gen. 1:27).
- We believe all haved sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Rom. 3:22), and that "the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Rom. 6:22).
- We believe salvation is a result of God's grace and mercy, manifested in the atoning death of Jesus on the cross (Jn. 3:16), and that salvation is found nowhere else but in Christ alone (Jn. 14:6).
- We believe salvation is God's free gift to us, and this gift is received when we place our faith in Jesus Christ (Titus 3:5-7, Gal. 3:26). When we place our trust in Christ, His perfect obedience is "credited" to us so that God sees us as "the righteousness of Christ" (Ro. 4:5).
- We believe that those who receive God's free gift will spend eternity with Him in heaven (Rev. 4:3-4)